AAARRR!!!: The Treasure of Scurvy Jenkins
Trim the sails and hoist the jib! Written by author Mike Lafferty (The 6th Seal, Wizards & Wiseguys), this ready-to-run Quick Play Adventures pirates scenario takes you out onto the high seas during the Golden Age of Piracy. AAARRR!!!: The Treasure of Scurvy Jenkins comes complete with historical write-ups, plot hooks, original maps, a detailed scenario, adventure seeds, and a number of interesting pre-generated characters that let you jump right into the action. Break out of a Spanish jail, steal a ship from a fearsome piratess, rub elbows with other undesirables at a raucous pirate port, swash your buckle against master swordsmen, capture a merchant vessel, battle a sea monster, survive a storm at sea, and try not to awaken an ancient Aztec evil as you search for the lost treasure of Scurvy Jenkins!
AAARRR!!!: The Treasure of Scurvy Jenkins is perfect for use as a one-shot or for tournament play. It is designed specifically for those who get the urge to run a pirates scenario after watching Pirates of the Caribbean, Yellowbeard, or Cutthroat Island, but have no time to do research, design adventures, draw maps, and sit through lengthy character generation processes for a game that will only be played once or twice. AAARRR!!!: The Treasure of Scurvy Jenkins does all the prep work for you. All you need is the d20 Modern Roleplaying Game to play.
NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS ALSO AVAILABLE IN PRINT FORMAT AT LULU.COM
Quick Play Adventures are created with the following concepts in mind:
1. No New Rules: No new rules, skills, feats, advantages, disadvantages, flairs, traits, etc. If the rule is not in the core rulebook it won't be in the adventure. This lowers the learning curve for new gamers and makes it much easier for veteran groups to implement their own house rules.
2. Ease of Use: The pre-generated characters and absence of new rules means a GM should be able to read a Quick Play Adventures scenario and run it for his group the same night.
3. Broadened Horizons: Quick Play Adventures focus on situations and genres that typically lie outside of the mainstream. These might be historical (World War II), thematic (Police), or even situational (Competition).
4. Cinematic Play: Quick Play Adventures strives for historical accuracy whenever possible, but places a strong emphasis on cinematic play. Expect a Quick Play Adventures scenario to play out more like your favorite genre movie or videogame than a fact-filled documentary.
5. Focused Scenarios: A Quick Play Adventures scenario has a defined start and finish. The pre-generated characters allow you to skip the lengthy character generation process, making it an ideal fit for tournament slots or one night of gaming with friends.
Visit smallnichegames.com for more Quick Play Adventures.
Note: AAARRR!!!: The Treasure of Scurvy Jenkins requires the use of the d20 Modern Roleplaying Game, published by Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
'd20 System' and the 'd20 System' logo are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and are used according to the terms of the d20 System License version 6.0. A copy of this License can be found at www.wizards.com/d20. d20 Modern and Wizards of the Coast are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. in the United States and other countries and are used with permission. (c) 2007 Small Niche Games. Quick Play Adventures is a trademark of Small Niche Games. All rights reserved.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 03 January, 2008.