Give an historical flair to place names!
With the Deck O' Names, quick names for fantasy towns are possible even for the naming-challenged. Use the software to generate names in the Old English style, to add ambience to your towns and other places. GMs can develop names in advance while making a map, or generate them on the fly during a gaming session.
The Deck O' Names Anglo Saxon Places offers the historical connoisseur or budding medievalist a useful tool for creating Anglo Saxon place names in Old English. This generator takes segments of authentic Anglo Saxon place names and mixes them to provide over 31,000 variations.
This generator adds the options to include definitions and either modern or Old English endings as the names are generated. Other useful functions include: Sort, Randomize, Count, Limit to Unique Names, and Print options. Use the generator even when you do not have internet access readily available.
- Anglo Saxon Places generator and files
- Introduction to the Deck O' Names, including how to use the generator
- Historical information on the Anglo Saxon people and their language
- A pronunciation guide to Old English
- A chart of Anglo Saxon runes and their modern equivalents
- Translations of the place name suffixes
- References for further information
Augment your imagination with products from Tabletop Adventures. Buy it Today, Play it Tonight!
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 31 December, 2006.