The Dog House Gang offers a special introductory adventure for Wild West roleplayin’ using the Savage Worlds system -- Buckshots: Johnny Comes Marching Home.
Now, usually, we like to whet your appetite by providin’ a short synopsis of the contents. In this case, if we serve up much more than a nibble, well, we’d be givin’ away the farm, so to speak. So iffin’ you don’t mind, we’ll just say that our heroes are returning home after an extended absence (the War as it were), but they must meet one more challenge before they can rest their weary bones.
This 44 page Savaged adventure features five full-scale Scenes, along with six major NPCs and some scattergun-fodder mooks. While Johnny is intended for 4-8 characters of Novice rank who are just beginnin’ their wild west adventurin’, this Buckshot also comes loaded with ideas for scalin’ the adventure to handle various character ranks and numbers.
With statistics for the Savage Worlds system, Johnny Comes Marching Home can jump start a Savaged Wild West game, or do a bang-up job as a one-time shoot ‘em up. This introductory adventure contains:
• Introduction & Adventure Synopsis: A brief narrative describin’ how the adventure should play out, so the GM (we like to call 'em "Judge") can get saddled up real quick-like.
• For the Judge: Secrets and scuttlebutt that players shouldn’t read unless they have a hankerin’ to get their eyes burned out of their sockets.
• Getting Started: Some quick-hittin’ tips for the Judge to fold this adventure into a home-brewed game or to prepare for a one night stand, so to speak.
• Scenes: Fully described roleplayin’ and combat scenes where all the action happens, including maps, “read-aloud” text, rules, variables and sundry details for the Judge.
• Forks in the Road: Alternate ways to shoot these Buckshots into an ongoing campaign or load up a one-shot adventure on the frontier.
• Personalities: Full character descriptions for all the characters involved in the adventure, including full statistic blocks for the Savage Worlds game system.
• New Hindrance: Rules for a new Hindrance used for one of the characters and suitable for any Savaged game.
• Gameplay Aids: Various tools for the Judge, including full character sheets that Judges can hand out to players who might be takin’ on the role of an NPC, as well as special “index-card” combat blocks designed special-like for Savage Worlds.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 15 May, 2009.