Give an historical flair to place names!
With the Deck O' Names, quick names for fantasy towns are possible even for the naming-challenged. Use these cards to generate names in the Old English style, to add ambience to your towns and other places. GMs can develop names in advance while making a map, or generate them on the fly during a gaming session.
The Deck O' Names - Anglo Saxon Places offers the historical connoisseur or budding medievalist a useful tool for creating Anglo Saxon place names in Old English. This 100-card set takes segments of authentic Anglo Saxon place names and mixes them to provide over 31,000 variations. Simply print the appropriate pages, cut out the cards and mix. Then pull two, and combine the segments of your choice for an interesting and different name.
- 100 2.25-inch by 2.25-inch cards, each with two place name prefixes and suffixes (9 pages)
- Introduction to the Deck O' Names, including how to use the deck
- Historical information on the Anglo Saxon people and their language
- A pronunciation guide to Old English
- A chart of Anglo Saxon runes and their modern equivalents
- Translations of the place name suffixes
- References for further information
- A printable card box
- One page of blank cards
- One page of card backs, usable on any of the cards
- Assembly instructions for the deck and box
a short demo here!
Augment your imagination with products from Tabletop Adventures. Buy it Today, Play it Tonight!
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 31 December, 2006.