By far, the most common template used in the d20 system is the half-dragon. Draconic creatures of every shape and size abound in the pages of d20 adventures, bestiaries, and supplements. However, the standard half-dragon template only addresses the spawn of true dragons. What about creatures spawned by other beasts of the dragon type? Well, Blackdyrge returns with three new templates to answer that question.
The three templates included in the Blackdyrge’s Templates: Lesser Half-Dragon allow you to create monsters and NPCs that are the offspring of dragon turtles, pseudodragons, and wyverns. Although still potent, these templates only carry a +1 CR adjustment, and can be slotted onto nearly any creature without the power creep normally associated with the standard half-dragon template.
So, the next time you decide to use a half-dragon in your game, consider a lighter, less-filling alternative, and try Blackdyrge’s Templates: Lesser Half-Dragon.
Blackdyrge’s Templates – Lesser Half-Dragon contains 14 pages of new d20 material and includes the following:
- An introduction by Blackdyrge
- The chelonian template (half-dragon turtle)
- The drakeling template (half-pseudodragon)
- The wyvern spawn template (half-wyvern)
- Iconic monster #1 – Prince Neshorax, a vicious four-armed chelonian sahuagin
- Iconic monster #2 – Shyvessanna, a fierce pixie drakeling ranger
- Iconic monster #3 – Vyrthag Ironscale, a brutish wyvern spawn troglodyte cleric
- Fantastic illustrations by Hunter McFalls