The iconic Roman soldier, the imperial legionnaire, was perhaps one of the most successful fighting men in history. With superior equipment, tactics, and organization, Rome conquered most of the known world on the back of its famous infantry. In this installment of the Master at Arms line, Blackdirge Publishing attempts to capture the essence of the classic Roman warrior with the legionnaire prestige class.
The legionnaire is a hardy and tireless warrior, skilled with the short sword, and possessed of indefatigable will and endurance. Either alone or marching shield to shield with his brethren, the legionnaire represents the sharp sword of imperial conquest and the systematic destruction of all who stand against him.
Master at Arms – Legionnaire contains 7 pages of new d20 material, which includes the following:
- A historical look at the legionnaire and his equipment
- Author’s design notes
- The legionnaire prestige class
- Information on classic Roman weapons
- Titurius Cornuta, a fiendish legionnaire in service to a duke of Hell
- Illustration by Jesse Mohn