Wanna Win Some SEP Swag?

A forum for chatting about the site and about gaming.

Moderators: xrpsuzi, HinterWelt

Postby FraserRonald » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:55 am

foreverpeople wrote:1) The Final Option, Who Dares Wins.

2)When they all burst in the door, nobody goes behind it to see if there's a terrorist hiding there (standard practise) and second, the American Embassy used in the film is the main building of Pinewood Studios.

3) Delta Force? I don't know anything about war :P

BZZT! Sorry. Thanks for playing!

Also, let me be clear about 2 - I am referring to the actions during the operation itself. Differences such as that this was supposed to be an American embassy rather than Iranian, that the assaulters were actors, or that in the movie they were using blanks aren't exactly what I'm looking for. :wink:
FraserRonald

Postby FraserRonald » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:57 am

foreverpeople wrote:I'm all for this. I love quizzes and getting things I didn't pay for (except certain viral infections). How about some riddles. Wikipedia can't help with those.

Main problem: I suck at riddles and mind games and such.
FraserRonald

Postby Destriarch » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:24 pm

foreverpeople wrote:I'm all for this. I love quizzes and getting things I didn't pay for (except certain viral infections). How about some riddles. Wikipedia can't help with those.

You don't have to tell me ANYTHING about that. I recently won the international chicken pox sweepstakes. Thank goodness for calamine lotion.

Ash
Ashok Desai
<a href="www.sanestudios.co.uk">Sane Studios</a>
Destriarch

Postby FraserRonald » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:08 pm

Destriarch wrote:You don't have to tell me ANYTHING about that. I recently won the international chicken pox sweepstakes. Thank goodness for calamine lotion.

What a lucky guy! I never win anything . . . though in a case like yours, that could be considered a good thing.
FraserRonald

Postby FraserRonald » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:14 pm

So, the last question may have proved too tough, since one can't use Wiki or IMDB to answer it. It's still open, but I'll fire out a new one. This one is for a free copy of Canada's Combined Security Reconnaissance Section.

Two questions regarding Canada's SOF, JTF-2

1) The headquarters for JTF-2 is located where?

2) What is the nickname for JTF-2? (Hint, check your Covert Forces Redux if you have it)

jasona and Alzrius, as winners, please refrain from this round.
FraserRonald

Postby foreverpeople » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:02 pm

You don't have to tell me ANYTHING about that. I recently won the international chicken pox sweepstakes. Thank goodness for calamine lotion.

harsh. I had it when I was 12. Had a spot you wouldn't believe. The doctors took photos of it. Still use it today apparently, to teach students at Bristol university. The scary thing is, the students are learning geography. No, I'm definitely all out of funny.

Unless Who Dares Wins is on TV tonight, I think I'm going to have to give up on this question.
www.foreverpeoplerpg.com
foreverpeople

Postby Raptor » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:20 pm

1) Dwyer Hill (outside Ottawa, rumour has them moving to Trenton)
2) Dwyer Hill Ski Team
Raptor

Postby FraserRonald » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:33 pm

foreverpeople wrote:Unless Who Dares Wins is on TV tonight, I think I'm going to have to give up on this question.

You aren't going out to rent it? Where's your dedication?

Everyone is just lucky I didn't ask "What is the colour of the boathouse at Hereford?"
FraserRonald

Postby FraserRonald » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:34 pm

Raptor wrote:1) Dwyer Hill (outside Ottawa, rumour has them moving to Trenton)
2) Dwyer Hill Ski Team

We have a WINNA! PM sent.
FraserRonald

Postby FraserRonald » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Okay, we still have a question ongoing, but rather than drag that one out, here's another interim quiz. This one is for free copies of Counter-Terrorism Assaulter, Spec Ops Recce, and Special Operations Marksman prestige classes from the Roles & Classes line.

Three questions in this one.
1) During the ambush to snag the package in Ronin, Robert DeNiro's character uses both an assault rifle--in the initial attack--and a machine gun. Name one of the two.

2) Sean Bean wasn't in the SAS in Ronin, but if he were in the SAS, who would he be (note: looking for a specific person)

3) Within the UK's military, the same nickname is used for any member of the AR15 family (M16/C7/C8/etc). What is that term?

jasona, Alzrius, and Raptor, as winners, please refrain from this round.
Last edited by FraserRonald on Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FraserRonald

Postby Raptor » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:49 pm

*twitch*
Raptor

Postby FraserRonald » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:22 pm

Raptor wrote:*twitch*

Keep it together, Raptor. Only out for three rounds total! You'll be back in the game soon!
FraserRonald

Postby FraserRonald » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:26 pm

Apparently, this one was too hard.
FraserRonald wrote:The big finale in this 1982 movie reproduced in many aspects the SAS' famous Princess Gate operation at the Iranian Embassy in 1980.

1) Give the two titles by which this movie is generally known.

At least someone got this one!
foreverpeople wrote:1) The Final Option, Who Dares Wins.

David, PM on the way.

FraserRonald wrote:2) Give two aspects of the movie's embassy assault that differ from the actual Princess Gate operation.

And honorable mention to foreverpeople for this one:
foreverpeople wrote:2)When they all burst in the door, nobody goes behind it to see if there's a terrorist hiding there (standard practise) and second, the American Embassy used in the film is the main building of Pinewood Studios.

The first point is a good one, and I can't even remember that. I was looking for a) hanging from a helicopter by ropes and flown into windows and b) having an inside man.

Still, David gave me a good answer, so I'll take it. That PM is already on the way.

FraserRonald wrote:3) In the movie, there is an American soldier cross-training with the SAS. From what unit does this soldier originate.

The American soldier training at Hereford is a Ranger.

Okay, so maybe that one was too obscure. We'll try to do better next time.
FraserRonald

Postby Mordus » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:39 pm

Just cause you are sucha great promoter Fraser, here they are...

1) Rifle: M-249 SAW or SIG 551
2) Sean Bean: SAS Sergeant Andy McNab
3) Armalite

PS Raptor yer too good!

Mordus
Mordus

Postby FraserRonald » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:57 pm

Mordus wrote:1) Rifle: M-249 SAW or SIG 551
2) Sean Bean: SAS Sergeant Andy McNab
3) Armalite

And we have a winner! PM already sent.
FraserRonald

PreviousNext

Return to Talk about Your Games Now and Gaming!