URL posting problem

Find a bug or having a problem with our new system? Post here and let us know!

Moderators: xrpsuzi, HinterWelt

URL posting problem

Postby Halfbat » Fri May 25, 2007 9:33 am

Hi, I'm getting the following:
In order to try to prevent spammers, we do not allow our users to post URLs in any form until they have posted at least 3 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 1 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter in order to help us eliminate spam from this forum. If you have somehow gotten this message even though you meet both of the criteria, please let us know ASAP.

I'm letting you know as I meet the criteria but it's still rejecting me so I can't make a new product announcement!
Tim Bancroft
Sceaptune Games
User avatar
Halfbat
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 10:08 am
Location: Stonehenge

Postby foreverpeople » Fri May 25, 2007 10:10 am

According to your post ratio, this was your fourth post to the forum, meaning you only posted three beforehand, which I think is probably why you were getting the message. Have you tried again *since* posting this? If you have then this is one for Hinterwelt methinks
_________________
<i>David Sharrock</i>
<b>Forever People Games & RPG</b>
Print and Digital roleplay
www.foreverpeoplerpg.com
User avatar
foreverpeople
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:39 am
Location: UK

Postby HinterWelt » Fri May 25, 2007 5:29 pm

foreverpeople wrote:According to your post ratio, this was your fourth post to the forum, meaning you only posted three beforehand, which I think is probably why you were getting the message. Have you tried again *since* posting this? If you have then this is one for Hinterwelt methinks

Correct. You need to post three posts and been active one day. Both criteria must be met independently. Let me know if you are still having problems.
Bill Corrie
HinterWelt Enterprises
bilbo@hinterwelt.com
www.hinterwelt.com
User avatar
HinterWelt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:12 pm
Location: Frankfort, IL

Postby Halfbat » Wed May 30, 2007 3:10 am

Hmm.... the point of raising it was that I had been active over a day and had made 3 posts.... (which is why I waited for number 4).

Yes, I can post _now_ (so if anything was done, thank you), but the post count was correct AND the "1 day+" was correct. If it needs to be phrased differently (e.g. 1 day AFTER posting 3 posts) then it's worth updating the guidelines....
Tim Bancroft
Sceaptune Games
User avatar
Halfbat
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 10:08 am
Location: Stonehenge

Postby HinterWelt » Wed May 30, 2007 8:21 am

Halfbat wrote:Hmm.... the point of raising it was that I had been active over a day and had made 3 posts.... (which is why I waited for number 4).

Yes, I can post _now_ (so if anything was done, thank you), but the post count was correct AND the "1 day+" was correct. If it needs to be phrased differently (e.g. 1 day AFTER posting 3 posts) then it's worth updating the guidelines....

No, you need to post more than 3 posts and be active for more than a day. Your first post to this thread was your fourth. Thus, you had not posted more than three posts.
Bill Corrie
HinterWelt Enterprises
bilbo@hinterwelt.com
www.hinterwelt.com
User avatar
HinterWelt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:12 pm
Location: Frankfort, IL

Postby Halfbat » Thu May 31, 2007 5:48 pm

HinterWelt wrote:No, you need to post more than 3 posts and be active for more than a day. Your first post to this thread was your fourth. Thus, you had not posted more than three posts.

HinterWelt wrote:You need to post three posts and been active one day.

Um... now you've confused me as these contradict each other - Is it 3 posts that are needed or more than 3 (e.g. 4 or more)? Or is it active for a day after posting 3 posts (or 4) or is it the activity period independent? It was the 4th post that _couldn't_ create a thread elsewhere but could in this problem thread (of course) - e.g. the other 3 had already been posted and I had already been active for a day but I could not create a thread on the 4th post.

Either way, there's' a communications problem which needs documenting/ amending.
Tim Bancroft
Sceaptune Games
User avatar
Halfbat
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 10:08 am
Location: Stonehenge

Postby HinterWelt » Thu May 31, 2007 6:00 pm

Halfbat wrote:
HinterWelt wrote:No, you need to post more than 3 posts and be active for more than a day. Your first post to this thread was your fourth. Thus, you had not posted more than three posts.

HinterWelt wrote:You need to post three posts and been active one day.

Um... now you've confused me as these contradict each other - Is it 3 posts that are needed or more than 3 (e.g. 4 or more)? Or is it active for a day after posting 3 posts (or 4) or is it the activity period independent? It was the 4th post that _couldn't_ create a thread elsewhere but could in this problem thread (of course) - e.g. the other 3 had already been posted and I had already been active for a day but I could not create a thread on the 4th post.

Either way, there's' a communications problem which needs documenting/ amending.


So, the first post in this thread was not your fourth? Or you could not post with on your fourth post? I have no problem understanding the warning as it is stated but I am having the worst time understanding what you are trying to say.

Sigh, look, you need to post MORE THAN THREE POSTS and BE ACTIVE FOR MORE THAN A DAY. Is it that critical that someone be able to post a URL on or before their third post? This is in direct response to requests that there was too much spam on the forum.

You can take it up with Joe and Suzi if you would like any part of it changed.
Bill Corrie
HinterWelt Enterprises
bilbo@hinterwelt.com
www.hinterwelt.com
User avatar
HinterWelt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:12 pm
Location: Frankfort, IL

Postby Tim Gray » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:46 am

Hey guys, have some of this nice cool lemonade!
Tim Gray
Silver Branch Games

Questers of the Middle Realms - Legends Walk - Albion - NUGGETS
Tim Gray
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:13 pm
Location: Nottingham, UK

Postby foreverpeople » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:53 am

Is it 3 posts that are needed or more than 3 (e.g. 4 or more)? Or is it active for a day after posting 3 posts (or 4) or is it the activity period independent? It was the 4th post that _couldn't_ create a thread elsewhere but could in this problem thread (of course) - e.g. the other 3 had already been posted and I had already been active for a day but I could not create a thread on the 4th post.


Yup, definitely a communication problem. Can I have some of that lemonade please?
_________________
<i>David Sharrock</i>
<b>Forever People Games & RPG</b>
Print and Digital roleplay
www.foreverpeoplerpg.com
User avatar
foreverpeople
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:39 am
Location: UK

Postby Halfbat » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:59 pm

It's no sweat, guys. :wink:

It just seems to be a comms problem - and it may well be a "separated by a common language" issue, too. :? It would just help if it were sorted, that's all - and the fact that we can't understand each other stresses the fact... :D (btw I have no problem whatsoever with the reasons _why_ as spam can be a nightmare on boards :roll: and needs to be managed).

The message says "...we do not allow our users to post URLs in any form until they have posted at least 3 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 1 days."

To me that means "From the 4th post and onwards (posted 3 legitimate posts) you can post url's providing your registration is more than a day old (been with us)".

From what's been said is seems that "been with us" actually means "since you first started posting".

If the rule is actually (as HinterWelt mentioned) "post more than 3 posts and be active for more than a day. Your first post to this thread was your fourth. Thus, you had not posted more than three posts" then that's a contradiction as the policy says "posted 3", not "MORE THAN" 3.

Therefore it really needs to be updated to reflect reality, that's all. ::shrugs::

You can take it up with Joe and Suzi if you would like any part of it changed.

I thought they saw this. OK, will do.

PS The lemonade's lovely.
Tim Bancroft
Sceaptune Games
User avatar
Halfbat
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 10:08 am
Location: Stonehenge

Postby Tim Gray » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:22 am

Halfbat wrote:The message says "...we do not allow our users to post URLs in any form until they have posted at least 3 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 1 days."

To me that means "From the 4th post and onwards (posted 3 legitimate posts) you can post url's providing your registration is more than a day old (been with us)".

...

If the rule is actually (as HinterWelt mentioned) "post more than 3 posts and be active for more than a day. Your first post to this thread was your fourth. Thus, you had not posted more than three posts" then that's a contradiction as the policy says "posted 3", not "MORE THAN" 3.


Er, those are the same.

If your fourth post was to complain about the situation, then ironically it was also the post that fixed the situation. :\
Tim Gray
Silver Branch Games

Questers of the Middle Realms - Legends Walk - Albion - NUGGETS
Tim Gray
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:13 pm
Location: Nottingham, UK

My 4th post

Postby Blackdirge » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:46 am

I need to post some product links, so here's my 4th post. :D

BD
Aeryn Rudel
Blackdirge Publishing
Blackdirge
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 9:20 am

Postby Highmoon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:16 am

So, if I get this straight, this being my third post, once I've been on the boards for a day, I should be able to post links on my fourth post, right?

Here's hoping. Unfortunately there's not that much discussion going on around here so as to make it easy to meet the 3-post criteria.
User avatar
Highmoon
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: Miami Beach, FL

Postby foreverpeople » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:49 am

Unfortunately there's not that much discussion going on around here so as to make it easy to meet the 3-post criteria.


Up until now it has been my own experience that the YGN message boards were primarily utilised by publishers for discussing subjects 'dear to their hearts' or voting on member issues and new member applications. Lately there's been some welcome activity in the public forums too, presumably suggesting word is spreading. Small seeds and mighty oaks and all that. Anyhoo, and on behalf of Forever People Digital Press (and I'm sure all publishers round these here parts), howdy and welcome to YGN :)

PS: I have no idea why that turned all 'cowboy' at the end.
_________________
<i>David Sharrock</i>
<b>Forever People Games & RPG</b>
Print and Digital roleplay
www.foreverpeoplerpg.com
User avatar
foreverpeople
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:39 am
Location: UK

Postby Highmoon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:59 am

No worries, par'ner. :)

Well, if things go as I'd like, I should be joining YGN before the end of the year, so you'll be seeing me a lot more around these parts.
User avatar
Highmoon
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: Miami Beach, FL

Next

Return to Uh Oh, Something's Wrong!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron