Error alert on forum posts

Find a bug or having a problem with our new system? Post here and let us know!

Moderators: xrpsuzi, HinterWelt

Error alert on forum posts

Postby foreverpeople » Mon May 14, 2007 11:31 am

All my forum posts in this session (18:30 14/5/07) have met with:

Could not connect to smtp host : 10060 : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

DEBUG MODE

Line : 112
File : smtp.php

This doesn't seem to have affected my posts appearing in threads.
www.foreverpeoplerpg.com
foreverpeople

Postby Destriarch » Mon May 14, 2007 12:09 pm

I got that message earlier today too, but I put it down to a temporary warble in the Internet.

Ash
Ashok Desai
<a href="www.sanestudios.co.uk">Sane Studios</a>
Destriarch

Re: Error alert on forum posts

Postby HinterWelt » Mon May 14, 2007 1:44 pm

foreverpeople wrote:All my forum posts in this session (18:30 14/5/07) have met with:

Could not connect to smtp host : 10060 : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

DEBUG MODE

Line : 112
File : smtp.php

This doesn't seem to have affected my posts appearing in threads.

I am sorry but you are speaking a different language from me. All you forum posts met with an error except for posts in threads...ah, meaning when you try to post new threads. Where else would you post?

I am sorry for not understanding this.
Bill Corrie
HinterWelt Enterprises
bilbo@hinterwelt.com
www.hinterwelt.com
HinterWelt
Site Admin

Postby Cassandra » Mon May 14, 2007 3:16 pm

That happened to me this morning also. Every time I posted a reply, I got an error message. However, my replies appeared in the threads with no apparent problems. I suspect that is what foreverpeople meant also.

I did notice that when I posted and got that error message, the threads still showed as "unread" even though my replies were present. I figured it was just something weird that would go away, and it seems to have done so.
Vicki Potter
Editorial Minion
Tabletop Adventures

www.tabletopadventures.com
Cassandra

Postby foreverpeople » Tue May 15, 2007 8:41 am

HinterWelt wrote:I am sorry but you are speaking a different language from me. All you forum posts met with an error except for posts in threads...ah, meaning when you try to post new threads. Where else would you post? I am sorry for not understanding this.

That ok. Me not speak so good when me not have enough coffee...
Me press submit. Me get error message. Me check thread. Post is there. ie- error message not prevent me using forum, posting to threads etc. Error message have no adverse affect me know of, but me think worthwhile reporting error message just in case.
Me go now.
www.foreverpeoplerpg.com
foreverpeople

Postby HinterWelt » Tue May 15, 2007 9:58 am

foreverpeople wrote:
HinterWelt wrote:I am sorry but you are speaking a different language from me. All you forum posts met with an error except for posts in threads...ah, meaning when you try to post new threads. Where else would you post? I am sorry for not understanding this.

That ok. Me not speak so good when me not have enough coffee...
Me press submit. Me get error message. Me check thread. Post is there. ie- error message not prevent me using forum, posting to threads etc. Error message have no adverse affect me know of, but me think worthwhile reporting error message just in case.
Me go now.

Is it still happening?
Bill Corrie
HinterWelt Enterprises
bilbo@hinterwelt.com
www.hinterwelt.com
HinterWelt
Site Admin

Postby foreverpeople » Tue May 15, 2007 3:01 pm

Is it still happening?

Personally I haven't had it happen since my original post, but Cassandra and Ash's posts suggest something is amiss in the state of Denmark, at least intermittently. I seem to remember having a similar annoying bug in my own website's (now defunct) Invision Powerboard which I tried to ignore and it got steadily worse the fuller the forum became. For this reason I thought you guys might want to know about the error message. It could be nothing- just gremlins doing what gremlins are so inclined to do.
www.foreverpeoplerpg.com
foreverpeople

Postby HinterWelt » Tue May 15, 2007 3:04 pm

foreverpeople wrote:
Is it still happening?

Personally I haven't had it happen since my original post, but Cassandra and Ash's posts suggest something is amiss in the state of Denmark, at least intermittently. I seem to remember having a similar annoying bug in my own website's (now defunct) Invision Powerboard which I tried to ignore and it got steadily worse the fuller the forum became. For this reason I thought you guys might want to know about the error message. It could be nothing- just gremlins doing what gremlins are so inclined to do.

My suspicion, looking at the time of the incidents, it could have been because I was working on my PDC server which also serves the DNS. This might have caused some internal confusion on the part of the PHP processor or even the forum software. If it continues I will look into it.
Bill Corrie
HinterWelt Enterprises
bilbo@hinterwelt.com
www.hinterwelt.com
HinterWelt
Site Admin

Return to Uh Oh, Something's Wrong!