A few suggestions for the site

Find a bug or having a problem with our new system? Post here and let us know!

Moderators: xrpsuzi, HinterWelt

A few suggestions for the site

Postby Roger_in_NH » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:10 pm

I have a few items that I would like to see as far as the sites functionality. I don't know how hard it is to implement them, but I'll just throw them out there for consideration.

1) Return to Previous Page Location - by this I mean when I have scrolled way down on a list of products and clicked on one to see more, when I hit the back button, I'm taken to the top of the page and I have to scroll back down to where I was. It would be nice to be returned to where I left and not have to scroll down again.

2) Wishlist viewing options permanently set - I prefer the Compact view but it always defaults to the Extended view.

3) Add items to the Wishlist without opening the Wishlist window - it would save me a lot time to not have to click back to the page I was looking at every time I add an item to my Wishlist and get swept away to that page

That's the 3 main things I've noticed so far that I would make my viewing/shopping experience better.
Roger_in_NH

Postby HinterWelt » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:14 pm

Hello Roger,
First, thank you for taking the time to comment. That is how we improve and better our site for all our customers.

1) If I understand your suggestion correctly, this is a browser setting. If you are using Firefox it will refresh the page when you return to it. For Explorer, you return to the same place in the page.

2) Permanent wishlist settings are something other customers have brought up as well. We (since this is a co-op of vendors) will talk about it but I do not envision it being too difficult to implement.

3) This is a much higher priority item, IMHO. Having a wishlist "button" would be very convenient and useful to our customers.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment. I hope you understand that I am very busy coding and already have a long list of functions to implement but I will do my best to work your suggestions in where possible.

Bill Corrie
HinterWelt Enterprises
Site Admin
HinterWelt
Site Admin

Return to Uh Oh, Something's Wrong!