[Tricky Owlbear] Behind the Monsters: Gargoyle released!

Find out about sales, products, and new releases.

Moderators: xrpsuzi, HinterWelt

[Tricky Owlbear] Behind the Monsters: Gargoyle released!

Postby Napftor » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:57 pm

Tricky Owlbear Publishing, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of the 7th pdf in the v3.5/OGL Behind the Monsters line: Gargoyle! Each issue is narrated by Jadrin Nelv, monk of the Order of the Sacred Branch. Jadrin schools novice monks in the ways of the multiverse's creatures and we, the readers, get to listen in. Whether you're a player or a GM, you will find something of use within these pages.

BtM: Gargoyle includes two adventurer advantages, two new monster variants, and one new alchemical item. This offering in the series is also the first to feature a sample lair with map--let Tricky Owlbear do the work for you! The 10-page pdf is written by Bret Boyd with art by Rick Hershey and cartography by Butch Curry and is on sale right here at Your Games Now

Not familiar with the Behind the Monsters series? Try out the free premiere issue--Owlbear--at our website!

Here's what folks are saying about other releases in the line...
BtM: Skeleton
from RPGNow Staff Reviewer Peter Ingham: "These variants and ideas can add some spice to the skeleton, and the flesh stealer skeleton can be quite creepy. Mechanics are generally good, and nothing presented is too outlandish."

BtM: Bulette
from RPGNow Staff Reviewer Peter Ingham: "Overall, I enjoyed this pdf...This provides a more complete world-view to any campaign story, turning creatures encountered into more than just an encounter, but also a myth or a legend. The information can easily be incorporated into a campaign world..."

BtM: Xorn
from RPGNow purchaser Mark Gedak: "Overall, I was pleased by this Behind the Monsters offering. The history provides a well-thought out explanation for the xorn's incursion on the Material plane, the behavioural area provides a couple of neat ideas for making the combat with the xorn be memorable and I like the magic item presented."

BtM: Owlbear
from Paizo forum member Fizzban: "All in all this was a great fluff piece that I enjoyed. I loved the new spin that was put on an odd idea. And I feel like you really knew how to add just the right amount of odd detail that makes the product really shine. Plus you can't beat the price. I would highly recommend this product, and if this is a taste of what’s to come I’d recommend the company as well."
Napftor

Return to Member Product Announcements