Animal Archives – Prehistoric Animals I
Blackdirge Publishing and Jesse Mohn are pleased to announce the re-release of the Animal Archives series. The new releases are completely updated and revised with a new and easy to use layout. The first product, Prehistoric Animals I, highlights animals found primarily in North America and includes the following:
- Amebeledon – a shovel-tusked relative of the elephant from the Miocene and Pliocene.
- Arctodus – the giant short-faced bear of the Pleistocene.
- Primordial Guardian – an advanced celestial arctodus tasked with guarding the forests of the upper planes.
- Brontotherium – the massive rhino-like herbivore from the Eocene.
- Dinohyus – the infamous “terrible pig” of the Miocene.
- Dunkleosteus – the gigantic armored fish of the Devonian.
- Abyssal Leviathan - a massive demon-tainted dunkleosteus that is the undisputed master of the Abyssal seas.
- Hyaenodon – the powerful wolf-like predators of the Paleocene and Oligocene.
- Old Gnawfang – an awakened hyaenodon with an evil disposition and a hunger for the flesh of sentient creatures.
- Presbyornis – an early waterfowl from the Eocene.
- Ptilodus – a tiny squirrel-like animal from the Paleocene.
- Expanded information for players, including information on animal companions, familiars, and mounts.
- A summon nature’s ally appendix, complete with stat blocks for fiendish and celestial version of many animals.
- Real world information on each animal.
- Fantastic illustrations by Jesse Mohn.
Animal Archives: Dinofiles I – Raptor Pack
This new product series in the Animal Archives line explores everyone’s favorite prehistoric critters: dinosaurs. The first product in the series, Raptor Pack, takes a close look at the speedy, bird-like predators of the Cretaceous. As with all the Animal Archives products, you get more than just a group of stat blocks. Information on how raptors can fit into your campaign as mounts, familiars, and animal companions is provided, as well as a summon nature’s ally appendix with stat blocks for fiendish and celestial versions of select raptors. Raptor Pack also gives real world information on these fascinating dinosaurs, as well as dispelling a few myths created by a certain series of blockbuster movies.
Raptor Pack features the following:
- An informative introduction on raptors.
- Microraptor – one of the smallest of the raptors.
- Velociraptor – the real one, not the Jurassic Park version.
- Pyroraptor – a midsize raptor.
- Troodon – a close relation of the raptors, and considered the smartest of all dinosaurs.
- Utahraptor – the king of the raptors, and the largest discovered so far.
- Dracoraptor – a fantasy version of the raptor.
- A summon nature’s ally appendix, complete with celestial and fiendish versions.
- Stunning illustrations by Hunter McFalls.
Master at Arms: Shieldbearer
The next installment of the Master at Arms series doesn’t deal with a weapon, but a piece of equipment that no self-respecting warrior would be caught without. The shield has never gotten its due in the d20 system, and the three level shieldbearer prestige class seeks to rectify that oversight.
Blackdyrge’s Templates: Devout
The next template in the synergy line, the devout template adds a bit of a divine spark to your villains and monsters.