[Press] Announcing The Digital Front Podcast

Find out about sales, products, and new releases.

Moderators: xrpsuzi, HinterWelt

[Press] Announcing The Digital Front Podcast

Postby Highmoon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:15 pm

For immediate release.

ANNOUNCING THE DIGITAL FRONT PODCAST

August 29, 2007; Miami Beach, Florida: The Digital Front, a new podcast covering the electronically-distributed tabletop gaming market, has launched with a first episode featuring an interview with Steve Wieck.

Hosted by Daniel M. Perez, The Digital Front is a podcast that addresses the e-distributed tabletop gaming market, one of the fastest growing segments of the gaming industry. The show features news from e-publishers and e-retailers, as well as anything having to do with the market; interviews with publishers and retailers doing business in the e-distributed gaming market; reviews of digital gaming products for tabletop gaming done by ex-RPGnow Staff Reviewer Mark Gedak; and general editorials exploring the state of this segment of the industry, and where it is headed.

The show is scheduled to release new episodes on a bi-weekly basis, with the occassional bonus episode from time to time. The podcast is being produced by Highmoon Media Productions, a media studio and publisher of roleplaying games also owned by Mr. Perez.

Publishers and e-retailers interested in scheduling an interview, or adding the podcast to their press list, please send an email to daniel@thedigitalfront.com. Publishers interested in submiting their products for review, please send an email or a download link to reviews@thedigitalfront.com.

Link to Podcast: http://www.thedigitalfront.com
Link to Podcast Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDigitalFront

ABOUT THE DIGITAL FRONT PODCAST
Hosted by Daniel M. Perez, with reviews by Mark Gedak, The Digital Front is a podcast exploring the growing electronically-distributed tabletop gaming market. Each episode features editorial content covering the e-distributed gaming market, as well as interviews with the companies doing business in this field, and reviews of the latest gaming products available for download. You can find more information at http://www.thedigitalfront.com.

# # #

MEDIA CONTACT: Daniel M. Perez, daniel@thedigitalfront.com, 206-350-4441.

Highmoon

Postby Destriarch » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:02 am

Cool, I'll try to remember to check it out when my next product is available. Unfortunately a few print problems are mucking it up at the moment, but we'll get there in the end!

Ash
Ashok Desai
<a href="www.sanestudios.co.uk">Sane Studios</a>
Destriarch

Postby foreverpeople » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:06 am

Daniel- I've posted a link to your Gamer Traveller Podcast site on my site. I was most impressed when I gave it a look-see yesterday and look forward to seeing the new podcast. Excellent stuff.

Just a reminder also to everyone else, that I carry announcements on this forum over onto our news on the FPDP homepage too, so you get a bit of extra exposure for your product. I have been trying to get the YGN newsfeed to port directly into my homepage, but with no luck, so I do it manually. Only takes a few seconds and I update every day anyway. I realise that's a bit stone-age, but my visitors enjoy the extra texture so it's worth it :)
www.foreverpeoplerpg.com
foreverpeople

Postby Highmoon » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:17 am

Ash, please do drop by the forums and post press releases in the designated area. That goes for everyone. And remember to send me press releases and product announcements for digital products to the email given above.

David, awesome, thanks. I'm happy that you liked it and enjoyed it. I hope that you'll like the new show, given the business we're in.
Highmoon

Postby Highmoon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:13 am

The Digital Front Podcast - Episode 02 has been released featuring the entire OGL/d20 Panel held by Wizards of the Coast at Gen Con 2007.
http://thedigitalfront.com/2007/09/05/episode-02-ogld20-panel-at-gen-con/

This panel was held Friday, August 17, at 6:00 pm, immediately after the closing of the Exhibit Hall, meaning a lot of publishers were either not present or arrived late. The panel, hosted by Scott Rouse and Bill Slavicek, was meant to discuss the issue of the OGL and d20 Licenses under the newly-announced 4th Edition D&D, though it was more of a townhall meeting as WotC admitted they did not have a clear idea yet and wanted to hear opinions.

The audio file is long, almost an hour and a half, but given the small amount of publishers that made it, we thought it a good idea to distribute the recording as widely as possible. Special thanks go to Zachry Ashmore of The Groovecast podcast for recording the panel as a favor to Daniel.

Please feel free to discuss this episode on our forums or call our voicemail line at 206-350-4441.
Highmoon

Return to Member Product Announcements