Those Darn Well Glued Dreamblade Figs... D&D Related

A forum for chatting about the site and about gaming.

Moderators: xrpsuzi, HinterWelt

Those Darn Well Glued Dreamblade Figs... D&D Related

Postby TFG Woodrum » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:01 pm

Hey, does anyone out there know what wondrous solvent I would need to get a Dreamblade fig removed from the colored, hard plastic base? I don't want to use the slice off and place on new base method since the square black bottom fits nicely in the 1" squares of my game grid... I'm using these for D&D minis.

Granted, the larger ones are nice enough as is... I just take a black sharpie and go over the hard plastic base, but I'd like to use some of the smaller pieces as Medium or Small D&D figs.
Dave Woodrum
Top Fashion Games

<i>"Why Top Fashion Games? Well, several years ago I wanted to start a game company... For some strange reason I had been listening to the band Roxy Music and well..." </i>
TFG Woodrum

Postby Fifth Element » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:39 pm

It's called universal solvent. If it can dissolve a tanglefoot bag, it can dissolve anything...

Iain. :wink:
Iain Fyffe
<a href="http://www.5egames.com">Fifth Element Games</a>
Fifth Element

Postby TFG Woodrum » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:33 pm

Fifth Element wrote:It's called universal solvent. If it can dissolve a tanglefoot bag, it can dissolve anything...

Iain. :wink:

Yes... I've had universal solvent on my mind ever since I've started working on these...
Dave Woodrum
Top Fashion Games

<i>"Why Top Fashion Games? Well, several years ago I wanted to start a game company... For some strange reason I had been listening to the band Roxy Music and well..." </i>
TFG Woodrum

Postby Destriarch » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:20 am

I've no idea, but I have a nasty feeling that more or less anything that's going to dissolve the glue is going to disfigure the plastic model in the process. Can I suggest that, instead of cutting across the feet, you cut the base around the feet so that the figure ends up standing on two little disks of plastic, then use a rough modelling file to remove the excess?

Ash
Ashok Desai
<a href="www.sanestudios.co.uk">Sane Studios</a>
Destriarch

Postby TFG Woodrum » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:41 am

Tried that.... on some it works on others it doesn't... part of the problem is that it appears that they are glued with multiple droplets... or that at least looks to be how they were glued... hence on some feet the droplet is right below the desired cutting area....
Dave Woodrum
Top Fashion Games

TFG Woodrum

Return to Talk about Your Games Now and Gaming!